The Association of Serviced Apartment Providers (‘the Association’, ‘the ASAP’) is wholly committed to providing members with a high quality service, and will, at all times, endeavour to meet your needs. Therefore, if there is a problem, we need you to tell us. We hope that we can address any issue that arises before it evolves into a reason for complaint.
We value your feedback, both positive and negative, and we take complaints very seriously. You may be assured that all problems and complaints will be dealt with courteously and promptly, so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.
We intend to respond to your concerns in a professional and efficient manner, and would ask that your dealings with ASAP staff also reflect this approach.
How to make a complaint
If you are an ASAP member and you are dissatisfied with the service you have received, or are unhappy with how you have been treated by a member of ASAP staff, please contact the ASAP as soon as the matter arises. Concerns can often be resolved easily by speaking to us.
To enable a speedy resolution, when contacting the ASAP, please either email, write or ask to speak to the person dealing directly with your order, enquiry or case. Please explain, in as much detail as possible, the nature of your concerns.
The individual dealing with your enquiry will endeavour to rectify the situation immediately, or, if unable to, can advise you of the name of the person to whom it would be most appropriate to speak. In all cases, we will endeavour to resolve your complaint at this stage directly with the appropriate manager or team.
If your problem is not resolved, or you are unhappy with the response you have received, you may ask to speak to that individual’s line manager. At your request, the person dealing with your enquiry will ensure that the correct name and contact details are provided to you, and will ask the line manager to contact you as soon as possible.
The line manager will try to resolve your problem immediately, but if the situation is more serious, and an immediate response cannot be given, they will confirm that they are investigating the matter and will report back to you, normally within seven working days.
Alternatively, you may wish to write to us. We aim to respond to all written comments and complaints within seven working days. If we feel the matter will take longer to investigate, we will acknowledge receipt of your letter, and indicate when you can expect to receive a full response.
Any written complaints should be addressed to the Chief Executive’s Office, ASAP Unit 19.5 Highnam Business Centre, Highnam, Gloucestershire, GL2 8DN
General complaints – if you wish to raise a complaint against an ASAP Provider or Agent company.
If you are unsure who to direct your complaint to, please in the first instance contact our Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain in as much detail as possible, the nature of your concerns. The Operations Manager will ensure the complaint is actioned or will transfer you to a member of team within the most appropriate directorate to respond to your complaint.
We ask you to detail the following information
- booking reference
- contact details
- company who the complaint is against (ASAP can only assist if the company is a member of the ASAP)
- an overview of the nature of your complaint – please detail the steps taken to attempt to resolve the complaint including people contacted and any relevant information which is relevant to your complaint and your attempt to resolve. Include relevant dates, times and steps taken
- the resolution that you are seeking and your next steps of action if resolution is not reached.
- confirmation in writing inline with GDPR that you give ASAP permission to forward your complaint and all information given to the company involved
- On receipt of a complaint with all of the above information ASAP will send the complaint to our main contact within the company of which the complaint relates to
- We will ask them to acknowledge the receipt of this email inline with the times as detailed in the members code of conduct
- We will ask the company to seek a solution agreeable to both the provider and the complainant which should be achieved within the times as detailed in the members code of conduct
- ASAP will ask for the provider/agent to liaise and resolve directly with the client
Please note the following
- ASAP do not offer a mediation service and will not be involved in any action between the guest and the provider or agent company. Under the ASAP members code of conduct we will send any complaints to the company involved and ask them to acknowledge and resolve inline with their procedures within the time frames ASAP details within the code of conduct
- ASAP can if required provide introductions to legal companies who complainants may approach for advice and assistance, but please note that ASAP are not liable for, nor will not pay for any legal advice taken or instigated by the client for any arranged mediation or legal action taken.
- ASAP are not responsible for any costs incurred by the complainant or provider/agent company in any action or steps taken arising from the complaint made.
- If the person raising the complaint is not the lead name on the booking you will need to provide a written and signed declaration from the lead name that they give permission for you to raise the complaint on their behalf and that they give permission for the company to liaise with the complainant
- ASAP do not have any jurisdiction over the terms and conditions of any individual provider or agent company which they may implement